KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke vs. Normal Mixers Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:16 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Ok, I see what you're saying now. I normally discourage using them also. I don't myself. But was just concerned about getting ya started out so ya could use the stuff. In that case its a crap shoot. If you're going to be happy with the amp/spkrs ya already have then go for the mixer. If not, then go the opposite way.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I just wanted to let people know that my JVC karaoke machine connected up to the Roland keyboard amp/speaker sounds great. I'm going to put off any additional upgrades until I see how long the popularity lasts (currently my kids are using it several hours per day).

Thanks for all the great help.
Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:27 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Ken,
For the record:
The differance between the single and triple drawer player is minimal.
My recomendation for the single drawer player is based on cost, and upon the fact that a single drawer player has less mechanisim to break. The triple drawer player has three mic inputs, but it is very easy to open the drawer that is being played while loading the next disk to be played, (not an issue for home use).
The mic inputs on the JVCs aren't BAD, but they could be better. Like the music channel, there is no tone control for the mics, (no big deal). Thier biggest downfall is the fact that you cannot turn them up louder than the music, and you cannot turn down the music channel, (same thing).

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the sound that you're getting from running through your Roland keyboard amp.

Kojak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
everytime I've opened the one that was currently playing in the triple tray, it's because I wasn't paying attention!!

The light FLASHES on the tray currently in use. They've made it about as idiot proof as near possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:59 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

kojak wrote:
The mic inputs on the JVCs aren't BAD, but they could be better. Like the music channel, there is no tone control for the mics, (no big deal). Thier biggest downfall is the fact that you cannot turn them up louder than the music, and you cannot turn down the music channel, (same thing).

These are exactly the limitations I've noticed after 4 days of use. Down the road I may move to seperate mixer and amp, but right now we're having a blast with it as is. New Years eve should be very fun.

By the way, I did get the triple drawer player, simply because I wanted the 3rd mic input.
Ken