KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - After Christmas Thoughts Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: After Christmas Thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Anyone who wants to say anything at all about their XMAS, say it here.

I had a couple things happen. First, had a karaoke on Xmas Eve day at one of my venues. It ran 1-5 P.M. Was really different doing it during the day, but kinda fun for a change. Had a couple unexpected things happen. First was Brian's phone call he got from his brother getting back from Iraq. What a Xmas it made for them - good on them! Second thing was got a couple of Xmas presents and cards from a some of the regulars. One was a combination pen/pencil holder and business card holder which was personalized with my name on it. The little name tag on it said "for putting on such a great karaoke show".

It's things like above that make ya take a step back and just kinda think WOW, there's a lot of really great people out there. Its also a reality check on both what's going on in this world, as well as just at our karaokes. People are watching and do know if you enjoy what you're doing. Also things like running a fair rotation, not playing favorites, and a lot of those things we list when we start talking about ethics come into play, as people notice those things whether you want to acknowledge it or not - your customers know.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:46 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Ron
Awesome story man.......... We have been running our KJ biz for now just 3-4 months and 2 things I want to talk about last night at our sat show ( 6 weeks now) I had a lady come up after the show and tell us that she is making a cover to go over the tv stand that will say our name in Embroidered letters....it was so awesome to have her tell us that she thought enuf of my wife and I to do so....

Secondly we were at Wal-mart today checking out and had a priceing problem the manager comes over and starts working on things and looks at my wife and says "HI" wife looks at her then me kinda funny and it turns out as she put it ..." Denise from Karaoke....." She shoulda said I play pool with the larger gal at the Hut and we woulda placed her instantly or if she had been wearing her bar clothes.....LOL great great people we get to associate with....

OH yea our little group raised about 550.00 for toys for tots in 3 nights of gigs!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:09 pm 
Fas..

Way to go!! that's cool our group donated $1,500.00 and paid for 2 Hot Air Balloon Flights for Make-A-Wish this last week. We have done this every year for the last 3 years during christmas.

This year the flights will be done out of Minnesota.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I have definitely decided to take the holiday period as a holiday next year and go to OTHER peoples shows!

I'm totally wiped out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:25 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I know what ya mean Barry. Last year my wife got upset cause I took a new years eve gig and it interferred with the private party we normally go to. This year I had to promise her I wouldn't do that unless it was for an extremely large amount.