KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I have two questions Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I have two questions
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:43 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Sammy,

I am looking for a software that I can burn my CDG and possibly my laser discs onto a computer then play them from the computer. I have had to replace so many disks this year due to careless karaoke host that I am losing money. Is there such a program and will I still maintain the quality of the music on the computer as I would on the player with the CDG.

The other question is I am in the process of looking for a new home for my business. I want to have some sort of written contract for the owners of the establisment to sign. Do you have a general contract I can get or a list of things that would normally be in a contract between a karaoke business and establisment owner.

Thanks,

Michael

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:15 am 
Michael,
I can answer the first one, we have successfully tested and used versions of MTU's "Hoster", and PCKJ. Both work very well annd we have chosen to go with PCKJ as our Software of choice and only "Back-up" the Priddis
Media to it due to "expressed permission" from them due to thier "fair use" policy. They allow backups to thier media, but ask you limit it to 1 copy of the media per system. the standard that most of us KJ's are pushing for is 1 working "Back-up" copy as long as you to each system as long as each system carries the working "master" copy. (ie: 7 systems 7 "Original" or "master" copies to 7 "back up copies or PC copies.)
We have not heard form any other manufacturer on this forum as of yet.

As for the second... I do not release copies of my contracts. but I'm sure other KJ's will be happy to provide you a copy of thiers.

Good luck, and I hope your business does great in 2004.

Post subject: Thanks Sammy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:32 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I will try PCKJ and see if works for me. Also if there are any KJ's out there that can help me put together a contract for my business, please drop me a line.

Thanks again,

Michael

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:36 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Hey Federal Way!!!!

Here are a couple that I use. You would just need to change out my names to yours.
http://www.lonmanproductions.com/lonmancontract1.doc
http://www.lonmanproductions.com/lonmancontract2.doc

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile