KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Poll question - RSQ 505 dvd or JVC xl303 karaoke player Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:40 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Not to post repetitive questions I would like everyones opinion on the players that I have narrowed down my selection to:
RSQ 505 dvd player or the JVC karaoke player

My needs are as follows:
Basically a good karaoke player for home use , maybe host some parties and events probably not kj at clubs on day.

I've already got a good dvd player although it plays mp3's pretty crappy and I'm kinda of annoyed at this.

I would like as many opinons as possible even if you just type in

JVC 303 or RSQ 505 in the reply.

Thanks for all the input.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I like them both! LOL! And as cheap as I'm seeing them on karaoke.com, you could probably AFFORD to have both!

they are created for seperate reasons, to be honest. The triple-tray is built to take advantage of the cd+g and VCD formats, and be able to have two other trays from which to load other singers. It's truly a machine that is embraced by the karaoke host community... but many people like it for a home player. If cds are placed in multiple trays, once a cd is finished playing, it moves on to the next available tray... in the right play mode. It also has a mode where it will stop playing after the selected track!

It will not play dvds.

The RSQ05 does all that, and plays dvds (mostly karaoke) as well... it will NOT play all commercial dvds (movies), however, as some of the later produced movies use some scripts that don't function with the RSQ. (I had trouble with the LOTRings movie load page on the dvd... couldn't see the menu items!) HOWEVER, for karaoke, it works just fine.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:46 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I've got the JVC Triple tray and love it! :D At first I thought about getting the DVD player, but after weighing the pro's and con's, I went witht the Triple tray. Originally, I thought "bummer, I won't be able to use DVD karaoke discs." :x Then after looking for songs, I found that just about any song I've looked for is available in CDG format. :P With ONE exception... Air Supply. :? (One of my all time favorites as well as that of my clientel) So now I'm looking for a way to buy the Air Supply DVD karaoke disc and copy it to either VCD or CDG format. :roll: Then life will be grand once more. :wink: So I'd say do what I did and weigh your pro's and con's and then choose. Maybe one day Pioneer will make a triple tray CDG/DVD player. :roll: Only in a perfect world... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:26 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Here are two cents from a newbie. I am new the Karaoke thing and I didn't know much about anything (didn't even know what a CD-G was) so I wanted to feel things out and get something that would be around a while and I thought DVD Karaoke would be the future...It only makes sense, so I bought the RSQ 505. It plays pretty much anything except MP3+G, which may or may not catch on. I love the player. That said, I have found that I hate DVD Karaoke. It takes longer to load, you have to deal with too many menus and turning on or off the vocal tracks, and then there is the fact that there aren't very many DVDs for Karaoke out there. I have had a few parties where I hosted karaoke and realized that although I love my RSQ player, but if I were to do it again, I would rather have the triple tray so I could have one disk cued up ready to go rather than waiting for my single tray to open, unload, close, reload, and play. My Karaoke DVDs play on my regular DVD player, and I would rather have a triple tray for my CDG formats, and use my DVD player into my mixer as needed (only since I already bought some Karaoke DVDs). Both players seem to be great, it is just up to you what you are looking for. Good Luck K-Scene helped me get up and rolling and now my system rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:40 am 
I have BOTH and more.. Personally between the two when it comes to home use it's the 505. but in my studio I have no use for DVD's, or CD+G's so I use actually a different player. JVC's SV-22 or I can Bring in any Pioneer V-888 that is sitting in back up in Arizona within 24 hours.
should the need arise.. but why? I'm only doing audio here... in the studio. the show systems stay together. :D