KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Newbie question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newbie question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:45 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello everyone -

I found this site recently, and it seems to be full of people who know their stuff when it comes to karaoke. I'm very, very new to the whole karaoke idea (I studied in Japan a year ago, and fell in love with it). I have no intentions of becoming a KJ any time soon (I'll be too busy with school), but I love to sing myself - I am therefore considering buying a home set.

What I can't figure out is what brand of music to get. I noticed another thread in which the Big 4 was mentioned a few times (DK, Priddis, Sound Choice and ?). I looked into these brands, and found that much of their stuff comes in individual CD+G's. I was wondering if there was:

a) a place to buy one of these as a full set or as a pack of some kind (I'm a student, so I don't have $2000 to put into anything), or

b) an opinion on another set that can be purchased.

Before I found this site, I noticed a pack from SoundCore. It had many songs that I liked, and can be obtained impressively cheaply. After reading about the Georgia Brown set and it's lack of quality on this forum, however, I worry now that the sound quality of this pack is also not so fantabulous. Does anyone have any information about this pack?

Thanks for all your patience and for any insight you can give. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds as only an enthusiast and not a KJ....

Kyle

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Kyle,
Go to the individual manufacturer's websites. and look they offer starter sets.. and you don't need 2 thousand US dollars to buy them.. most of the smaller sets come in at around $250.00 to 275.00 US dollars. Depending on the size off the set and the quality of the Disc.. the larger sets are definately more expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Keep your eyes on Ebay as well, sometimes you can catch the foundation sets there for quite a bit cheaper than at most karaoke stores