KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke equipment Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: karaoke equipment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:16 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi All, Thanks for the add. I have a question for all...I have the Chartbusters Karaoke 450 sets 1-10 and quite a few other smaller sets. What is the best program that will rip them to a laptop so that they're usable with Virtual DJ or most any other software out there that lets you do karaoke from your laptop and a TV screen? Thanks for the help

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: karaoke equipment
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:50 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I use Audio Grabber....it's free and works great! Should be able to google and download a copy.

https://www.audiograbber.org/

Good luck, Mark

Karaoke at my 2 Story home shop for fun: Karafun, PCDJ Karaoki and/or MTU Hoster on an i5 PC, through a Soundcraft Signature 10 Mixer out to a Yorkville Excursion EX2 P/A system, plus 2 X 1000 Watt Mackie Thump 15s., 2 AKG Wireless mics, a cool Heil Blue Fin and A Heil Fin Black w/Red LED, Shure SM87 Beta+ a Lewitt LCT 450 and Shure Super 55. Also about 30+Light effects: Lasers, Jellyfish ,Monsoon Trickster, REVO4,Moving head LEDs, Par Wash lights On a DMX controller. And a nice smoke machine!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
The best by far is Microstudio if you want clean rips and your songs named correctly. I stopped using Audiograbber years ago because it wouldn't give me clean rips. I was getting a better job done by CDRWin and I had to use mpgtoolz to convert it to mp3+g. The next best is Power CD+G Burner from PowerKaraoke. CDGrip isn't far behind but like I said Audiograbber was the worst.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:09 am 

So...Microstudio is good for Ripping all of my CD+G's and saving them to my hard drive, and creates data that is usable with most Karaoke software that can run the show. I want to be able to search a song, get results for that and assign them to a singer in a que or order of sort. What type program would you recommend I get? or does this ripper have something built into it?... Sorry, I've DJed for years but want to get into the Karaoke scene a little as I've been asked about it at multiple gigs...thanks for the info!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:17 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Dainges13 wrote:
So...Microstudio is good for Ripping all of my CD+G's and saving them to my hard drive, and creates data that is usable with most Karaoke software that can run the show. I want to be able to search a song, get results for that and assign them to a singer in a que or order of sort. What type program would you recommend I get? or does this ripper have something built into it?... Sorry, I've DJed for years but want to get into the Karaoke scene a little as I've been asked about it at multiple gigs...thanks for the info!!

Yes

If you want to be able to easily search your songs as well, MTU Hoster (Microstudios sister software) is the same ripper plus runs the show with full search ability and prints books too. Microstudio can be used to run a show, but does nothing much other than rip, burn, play the tracks.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Lonman wrote:
Dainges13 wrote:

Yes

If you want to be able to easily search your songs as well, MTU Hoster (Microstudios sister software) is the same ripper plus runs the show with full search ability and prints books too. Microstudio can be used to run a show, but does nothing much other than rip, burn, play the tracks.

2nd on this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:54 pm 

Got the MTU Hoster software and so far I really like it!...BUT, my lenovo laptop doesn't have a CD player installed so I had to get an external with 3.0 speed USB input...but my question is, how long does it typically take to rip a CD+G 15 song CD for everyone else? I am thinking of getting a more expensive external CD drive because it is taking literally 20 minutes per CD to rip....answers appreciated! :o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:12 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Dainges13 wrote:
Got the MTU Hoster software and so far I really like it!...BUT, my lenovo laptop doesn't have a CD player installed so I had to get an external with 3.0 speed USB input...but my question is, how long does it typically take to rip a CD+G 15 song CD for everyone else? I am thinking of getting a more expensive external CD drive because it is taking literally 20 minutes per CD to rip....answers appreciated! :o

Depends on the speed you have it set up at - that is set up in the import cd tracks window under settings.. Fast speeds will rip a disc in around 5-10 minutes. Slower speeds can take up to 15-20 minutes per - now the down side on ripping at faster speeds (this goes for any of the softwares) is you are much more susceptible to graphic garble and errors - especially if the discs are used and might have some minor surface flaws. I usually do all my ripping at 4-6x as a rule about 15-20 minutes.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile