KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - would a flat-out bad karaoke singer be a deal-breaker Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:55 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
for you, if you were in a new relationship with them--and you weren't aware, beforehand that your new partner absolutely loves karaoke, yet is flat-out, horrible at it. by any standard. to the point that it's embarrassing to witness them.

last night. there's this fine chick that could easily model anywhere in my opinion, and she appears to be in a relationship with this average joe. she didn't sing. but he enjoyed himself absolutely murdering karaoke songs all night, thinking he wasn't. he was embarrassing. in all my years, i've never had anyone test me to the point that i'd advise them to not sing. he's the closest. he had one more song in the rotation, i ignored it. haven't done that in a long while.

just made me wonder to myself because i never thought of it before: would it be a deal-breaker for me if my partner was publicly embarrassing to watch perform karaoke. damn, i'd have to say, maybe.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:12 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
just had to add: to be fair, off the mic, he seemed like a perfectly nice person. on the mic,
he was screeching every third word of every song that doesn't call for it. we all deal with screeching, but this was different. this was flat-out bad.

and one of the coolest things that i've enjoyed as a kj, is somehow being a small part of having certain 'bad karaoke' singers become cult favorites, around my way.

i just never thought of it before: if i was dating someone who was that embarrassing, publicly, would i breakup; stil be friends, but breakup? after last night, i'd have to say yeah, maybe; ha.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I guess that depends upon how good she was at other things.... like, you know... ah, um, cooking! yeah, that's it... cooking! :D

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:30 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
Earl wrote:
I guess that depends upon how good she was at other things.... like, you know... ah, um, cooking! yeah, that's it... cooking! :D

Earl, My dear ol Dad used to say " All women are only good at one thing, not both." He was funny.

At his and mom's 32nd Anniversary he said that his pop told him not to marry her. That she had the propensity to be a B____ and that he wouldn't be able to stand it to the point that it would cause him in a fit of rage to kill her and he'd get 32 years in the pen for it. He looked at his watch and said "I'd be getting out right about now" to much laughter.

Mom always tried to be funny, too, but never could pull it off. After I graduated High School she told me in confidence that "All women are B___ches except for your mother." I replied, "Then I guess that makes you Dad's B____." She never let me forget it. When dad heard about it and everyone else would hear about it they would just laugh and mom would raise her eyebrows, shake her head and look to the sky. The day she failed to remind me of that incident was when I knew that Alzheimer's had totally taken over.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:49 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
i guess i am not really that shallow to judge someone on something they love to do and makes them happy,no matter how bad they are at it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Why would it be a deal breaker. Are they having fun? Yes? Then 'deal' with it!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
I have the worst of the worst as far as karaoke singers go,, and I gotta tell, I loved every single one of them!! As long as they were enjoying themselves, I was cool with it. The only downside was when each of them got up, the room cleared for about 3-5 minutes :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Regulars, who understand what karaoke is all about, know who the bad singers are and either get a kick out of the comedy relief that they create or know that when the bad ones get called up that it's a good time to either take a bathroom or smoke break. The thing is that they always came back in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
He is asking if you are in a new boyfriend/girlfriend (or other assorted combos) relationship and the other person sings like crap, would you stay with them>? Not about shows with bad singers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I have worked in bars where these terrible screeching singers have actually driven customers away. Not just regular non-singing customers but karaoke singers as well. Nobody wants to have to put themselves through that pain and subject themselves to that torture. Yes, these types of singers have cost many bars lost sales from fleeing customers who couldn't take it anymore.

Personally, I've been to bars where the combination of terrible sound and terrible singers had me walking out too.

As far as the original question... if it was my wife/girlfriend, I'd be taking her to a lot of movies instead of karaoke bars.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Lonman wrote:
He is asking if you are in a new boyfriend/girlfriend (or other assorted combos) relationship and the other person sings like crap, would you stay with them>? Not about shows with bad singers.

Lonnie, my bad. You are correct. My apologies to the OP.

So, to answer that one instead. I have no comment... for the fear of death. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Not a screecher, but totally tone deaf, first time ever,
I walked into a karaoke bar by invite,.Guy looked like
a silver screen star dressed to the max, when his turn
came to sing I paid attention, he knew every word,
right on time, and never glanced at the screen, I was
amazed..Only problem was, he was totally tone deaf,
every word came out flat! But when he finished, he
was given a good round of applause,.I was enthralled,
he instantly gave me the inspiration to get up and sing
that very night, His obvious love and professional flair
for singing really.gave me motivation to want to sing.