KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaosoft Beta "Sing Next" Song Request Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Bob, it seems you have all of the right qualifications for what it takes to be president in this day and age. I think you should go for it!

Attachments:
latshaw.jpg
latshaw.jpg [ 83.14 KiB | Viewed 38697 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bob, I have a suggestion for you, hire someone else to handle customer service that has the temperament to do so and stick to what you do best, the coding. That way uyou can have the best of both worlds.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Alan B wrote:
Bob, it seems you have all of the right qualifications for what it takes to be president in this day and age. I think you should go for it!

First of all, kudos on the sign. Gotta love people who take that extra time to make a point. People don't vote for the honest guy who will tell you how screwed up things are. They want someone who will lie to them and them what they want to hear. Unfortunately, I'm completely incapable of doing that.

Last edited by Bob Latshaw on Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Bob, I have a suggestion for you, hire someone else to handle customer service that has the temperament to do so and stick to what you do best, the coding. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

I'd love nothing more. Unfortunately, it's not a full time job or anything worth paying someone for. Besides, I only get a couple emails or messages a day. Fortunately, the large majority of customers have zero problems, which is part of the reason I get frustrated with that one person out of a hundred who can't figure out what the previous 99 could. I tend to look at them as that little duckling who can't quite keep up with the rest and needs a little kick to keep them caught up. Then I get those who always assume that if something isn't working on their computer, it surely must be the fault of the software company that made the app they're using, and for them, I need to straighten their attitude out a little, but other than that, it's not a difficult job. The customers that I don't like go elsewhere, which is actually better. I've learned it makes far more sense to let go of a high maintenance customer than to let them eat up all of your time. I've also learned that most people don't care what is being said on internet forums or bad reviews about my lack of a$$ kissing. They just want something that works and is easy to use and is something they'd be proud to use. Those are the people I want. If I have to kiss someone's a$$ to convince them to use any of my apps or services, then I failed as an engineer, and that is the only title I care about. Anyone can tell you what you want to hear, but proud engineers who take their work seriously are hard to find. It all depends what's important to you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
Was doing all of this long before any of you all.

Shame we weren't created in the age of smart phones.