KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My answer to the do you have a following question Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Oftentimes a bar owner asks me the dreaded question "Do you have a following?" Meaning can you guarantee such and such amount of people. I have decided to go with this answer: I could tell you that yes I have a following but I will not guarantee a number of people who will show. That's like asking the weatherman to guarantee that it won't rain on your parade. I can guesstimate based on the people who I and my partner have access to on Social Media but I don't have the power to make them show up. No host on earth has that power. Anyone saying otherwise is lying through their teeth. I on the other hand choose to be honest with you. One thing that I can promise you is that once a singer experiences what I have to offer, they will become a regular.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Oftentimes a bar owner asks me the dreaded question "Do you have a following?" Meaning can you guarantee such and such amount of people. I have decided to go with this answer: I could tell you that yes I have a following but I will not guarantee a number of people who will show. That's like asking the weatherman to guarantee that it won't rain on your parade. I can guesstimate based on the people who I and my partner have access to on Social Media but I don't have the power to make them show up. No host on earth has that power. Anyone saying otherwise is lying through their teeth. I on the other hand choose to be honest with you. One thing that I can promise you is that once a singer experiences what I have to offer, they will become a regular.

I like that, Danny! That is an excellent response. Good answer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Personally, if I was a bar owner and got a host that guarantees 50 people and on the first night he only brings in 49, I would walk up to him at the end of the night and tell him that because he guaranteed 50 people and we only have 49 you are under breach of verbal contract and I am not going to pay you because you didn't fulfill your end of the bargain. I hired you based on your guarantee and you didn't produce.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
Don't know about the rest of you guys but a true following in this part of Colorado is not like it used to be with the advent of DUI and the income it generates for the municipality, the classes, the community services, the attorneys, the insurances, etc, etc, etc. Know what I mean? Then, .08 is pretty easy to be at with so many Police dedicated to DUI and so many drivers having been nailed in the past that nobody wishes to drive any real distance. They stay near the neighborhood. The same goes for bands. A band's following is basically family and GF's BF's and those aware of the band that live in the hood of the bar. Not that many people are willing to be DD's nor are they able to remain so when others are drinking. Also, at that hour Uber is for short commutes like within 3 miles.

I'm not a jazz band in a high class hotel. I'm a KJ/DJ and people drink at my show.

I see where many say they will be there on FB for other hosts and, yet, will not show. Any wonder why?

I generate a following from nearby and once they sing to my mix they will be hooked because they will sound like what they experience in an arena concert from any big named band.

I have somewhat of a following from past bars but not that much to count on with any consistent basis. They all will come sooner or later, but not all at once. The bar needs to advertise and then I'll keep them there. I enhance his business not the other way around.

On more than a few occasions if it were not for me and my singers the bar would for the most part be quite empty.

And that is what I tell them.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?