KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Siglos questions Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Siglos questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
I finally downloaded Siglos Professional and started playing around with everything. I got the database loaded without any issues at all. Every single song loaded perfectly as far as I can tell. I customized the singer screen easlily. I have figured out how to search songs and add singers to the rotation. So, so far, so good,,,,, however....

How (or is it even possible?) to customize the "up next" singer ticker? I would like to only have it show the next 3 or 4 singers (that part I figured out), but I only want it run the ticker up to 3 times and disappear... Is this possible?

I am sure I will have more questions later on, but this is where I will start.

Scott

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Siglos questions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
There's a setting that supposedly stops it from running multiple times but couldn't get that to even work on a different laptop than what I use for my shows. I don't use Siglos anymore. I use OpenKJ now. It has saved my bacon a number of times including last night's show. Was trying out VirtualDJ but it wouldn't list all of my songs.
Although since the scroller doesn't interfere with the graphics, I really don't see the need to limit the number of times it appears. Maybe the number of singers listed but not the amount of times it scrolls across the screen. That is the one thing that I hated about JustKaraoke's scroller, that it was limited to just 5 times.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:33 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

My reason is this. I believe that having the next singers scrolling across the screen is kind of distracting to the singer. It's not a deal breaker at all, but it would be nice to limit the amount of times scrolling by to the time that it takes to get the next singer to the stage, or at least limit it to the intro at the beginning of the song. Other than that, I think Siglos is going to be a quite efficient program.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:19 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
There's no way to set the scrolling message to scroll for x amount of times then stop. You'll have to untick the scrolling message setting when you want it to stop.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:07 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

bazinga wrote:
There's no way to set the scrolling message to scroll for x amount of times then stop. You'll have to untick the scrolling message setting when you want it to stop.

Well, that's a bummer. Kind of a pain to do that. I have the ticker set fairly small and fairly non-intrusive right now. So, maybe I will just have to put up with it. OK,,it's the singers that have to put up with it, not me :D.

I now have another question about Siglos. Can I add each singers entire history all at once (or multiple songs) instead of just one song at a time?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
mrscott wrote:
bazinga wrote:

Well, that's a bummer. Kind of a pain to do that. I have the ticker set fairly small and fairly non-intrusive right now. So, maybe I will just have to put up with it. OK,,it's the singers that have to put up with it, not me :D.

I now have another question about Siglos. Can I add each singers entire history all at once (or multiple songs) instead of just one song at a time?

Are you trying to solve a problem that does not exist? ie . . Do singers complain about the scroller? I tend to see more people complain when a KJ doesn't show upcoming singers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

dsm2000 wrote:
mrscott wrote:
bazinga wrote:

Are you trying to solve a problem that does not exist? ie . . Do singers complain about the scroller? I tend to see more people complain when a KJ doesn't show upcoming singers.

No, if "I" find it distracting, then I am sure they do as well. I do understand the benefit outweighs the distraction, but I wanted to find a compromise between the two.

JustKaraoke2 has this feature, and I liked it. I would set the ticker to scroll the names of the next 4 singers, and have it scroll 3 times at a set speed, and then it would fade away. I could set it any way I wanted it, but that is how I did it and never had a complaint. "Yes", I did have several people ask when they were up again, but I found those people who asked weren't the ones watching the screen either. I could set it to show as many as the next 10 singers if I wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
dsm2000 wrote:
mrscott wrote:
bazinga wrote:

It totally eliminates the need to answer the same question to the same person. If someone comes up to me, I just point to the screen and tell them to pay attention to the screen as it will tell them that they are up or open your phone and in your web browser enter the necessary website to the kiosk and they can actually pull up the current rotation and see exactly where they are in the rotation.
Once you get them used to paying attention to the screen, you can actually speed up the flow of the show and get more songs in for the night because the next singer can be ready to sing before the current singer is done singing. At least that's been my experience.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrscott wrote:
bazinga wrote:

don't worry about the singers and the scrolling message. i can say that not once in ten plus years has a singer had any problems. they actually will come up to you asking you to show who's next if they look up and it's not there.
as for loading their entire history... do you just have a small group that only sings the same songs day after day? if so, there IS a feature on the right side of the rotation screen called "presets"
[url]https://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/siglospro/source/idh_rotation_presets.htm
[/url]
if you just want to add a few songs from their history, you have two ways
1) leave the "add song" window open and just double click the song they want instead of clicking "add and close", this will keep the window open but still adds the song to their rotation.
or
2) open the "quick songs" (I leave this window open all the time) and you can drag and drop the song onto their spot, as many as they want.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:05 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrscott wrote:
bazinga wrote:

don't worry about the singers and the scrolling message. i can say that not once in ten plus years has a singer had any problems. they actually will come up to you asking you to show who's next if they look up and it's not there.
as for loading their entire history... do you just have a small group that only sings the same songs day after day? if so, there IS a feature on the right side of the rotation screen called "presets"
[url]https://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/siglospro/source/idh_rotation_presets.htm
[/url]
if you just want to add a few songs from their history, you have two ways
1) leave the "add song" window open and just double click the song they want instead of clicking "add and close", this will keep the window open but still adds the song to their rotation.
or
2) open the "quick songs" (I leave this window open all the time) and you can drag and drop the song onto their spot, as many as they want.

Thanks for the hint. I installed the new program on Sunday and started goofing around with it. I want to learn how to run it properly before I introduce it to the singers. I will do that once I am comfortable running it. So far, so good. After I am familiar with just the basics, then I will go and add the kiosk functions and export the song list. I have everything for that (router and cables).Right now, I am still using my old JustKaraoke software and the singers have to ask if I have a song. I believe Siglos is going to do exactly what I need it to do.

I am up and functioning at the moment with my new set up, just not totally complete to where I want to be and how I want to look, but I am close. The booth is almost ready (just have to find someone to sew some velcro into fabric for me), and hook up some lights and power strips. SO CLOSE!!! :D